Body Mass Index (BMI) - Simple and Effective Way to Measure Overweight and obesity

Simple and Effective Overweight and Obesity Measurement

Overweight and obesity is defined in term of Body Mass Index (BMI). 

BMI is a mathematical equation in which body weight of a person (in kilogram) is divided by square of the person's height (in meters).


Body Mass Index BMI Calculation


The BMI is more highly related with body fat than any other mathematical ratio of weight and height. 

However, sport men and women and individuals with a high percentage of body muscle may have a Body Mass Index in the overweight range because of the higher concentration of muscle compared to fat.

1. A BMI of 18 to 25 is taken normal weight. A person with a BMI of 25 to 29.9 is taken overweight, and individual with a BMI of 30 or higher is considered obese.

2. Overweight is increased weight in correlation to height.

3. Obesity is an excessively high amount of body fat in correlation to lean body mass.


The spread of body fat is essential from a chronic disease perspective. Those who have more fat in the abdominal region have an increased risk for high blood pressure, glucose intolerance and elevated triglycerides. 

Waist circumference relates well with chronic disease risk. Men with waist circumference of 40 inches (102 cm) or more and women with waist circumference of 35 inches (88 cm) or more are at greater risk of insulin resistance and the chronic diseases.

When a person is a few pounds overweight and is inspired to lose weight, there are effective, healthy and safe methods to shed a few pounds and to maintain a healthy weight status.


Waist-to-Hip Percentage, Another Way to Know if You have Overweight and Obesity



Overweight Obesity Checking
Another way to know if you are overweighing or obese is to use the waist-to-hip percentage measurement. The spread of your body fat is determined by dividing waist circumference by hip circumference. 

For instance, a person with a waist circumference of 30-inch and hip circumference of 40-inch would have 75%.

Another one with a 41-inch waist circumference and 39-inch hips circumference would have 105%. 


How to know if you are obese
The higher the percentage, the more over weighed and obese you're, and the higher the risk of heart disease and other obesity-related health problems. 

Your goal here is to have thin waist and wide hip. Walking is one of the most effective ways to trim your waistline and widen your hip.

Please share with your friends and don't forget to make your opinion known in the comment below.
Previous
Next Post »

1 comments:

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
October 20, 2018 at 7:24 AM delete

Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.

Reply
avatar

Make Your Comment Here EmoticonEmoticon