Meat Paradox and The Eskimos

meat

This section of the blog is one I have been unwilling to post to because of the already established ideas about certain diets. 

One of these diets is "MEAT".

The belief is that man cannot live on meat alone. You can hardly see a doctor or dietitian telling you to live on eating meat alone. Such professional will be considered unorthodox or quack. The arguments  are that; 

1. Man was not created carnivorous - that is confirmed by our teeth and stomach systems. 

2. Also it is believed that taking meat without vegetables causes:

      a. Scurvy - a disease caused by insufficient vitamin C.

      b. Destruction of kidneys from overworking.

      c. Protein poisoning.

3. The idea is that we have good health eating:

      a. Fruits and vegetables.

      b. Nuts and coarse grains. 

4. The less meat we eat the better our health becomes. 

5. That if we eat a good deal of meat, we would pick up:

     a. Rheumatism.

     b. High blood pressure.

     c. Hardening of the arteries.

     d. As a result, premature old age. 

6. That we would live more healthy, happily, and longer if we become vegetarians.

Our dietetic beliefs is that: You need varieties of diets to live healthy. That our diets must comprise stuffs from both plants and animals. Eating one particular food for so long a time leads to monotous, bored taste.

But the carnivorous Eskimos have prove these wrong. They live on "meat diet". Diet in which anything vegetable is absent. And they have none of the meat-causing problems mentioned above.

This exposition about meat and its paradoxes is given by Vilhjalmur Stefansson in Harper's Monthly Magazine, November 1935. 

Vilhjalmur Stefansson, an anthropologist, in 1906 went to the Arctic - the habitat of Eskimos, with the food tastes and mindset of average American. By 1918, after about 11 years, he had learned a lot which made him to shed most of these beliefs. 

His finding was confirmed by the confirmatory experiments done on him and his colleague at Bellevue Hospital, New York City, under the supervision of a committee representing several organizations and universities.

Vilhjalmur Stefansson argues that you would suffer no ill result beyond the mental discomfort of the first few days or weeks of living on monotonous diet.

He said a person could be healthy on a diet of meat and water. The longer you followed it the better you liked it, which meant that you never become fed up of your food if you have only one diet to eat. 

Stefansson said did not get scurvy on the meat diet nor learn that any of my meat-eating colleague ever had it. There were certainly no signs of high blood pressure, of hardening of the arteries, of rheumatism or of breakdown of the kidneys.

To the best of his knowledge, Vilhjalmur Stefansson, the professor of Anthropology at the Unversity of Harvard, said he lived in the Arctic for more than 5 years wholly on meat and water. One of the members of his expeditions, Storker Storkersen, lived on meat diet only for about the same number of years.

There are several others who lived on it from 1 to 3 years. These were many nationalities and of three races - natives of the South Sea Islands; ordinary European whites; and natives of the Cape Verde Islands, who were more of Negro.

But one thing you should know about Eskimos and health paradox of meat is that all the side effect of living wholly on meat were unable to manifest in

I want you to think of this health paradox of meat and the lifestyle of the then Eskimos compared to the sedentary lifestyle of the modern day Americans.  

Please share with your friends and don't forget to make your opinion known in the comment below.
Tag:
kinds of meat meat list meat definition is fish meat scientifically classification of meat from different animals list of meat products cooked meat types of meat products
Latest
Previous
Next Post »

3 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
October 20, 2018 at 7:10 AM delete

Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.

Reply
avatar
Bobita Parbin
AUTHOR
December 3, 2018 at 4:17 AM delete

Very Informative page, I hope it will be useful for all of us. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Visit This Website: Good Health Tips. This website topic is << Natural Treatment, Home Remedy, Health Tips, Beauty Tips, Fitness Tips, Food Tips, Romance Tips >> Very Interesting and helpful articles information about this health site. All health information on this site.

Reply
avatar
larry dina
AUTHOR
April 22, 2019 at 11:20 PM delete

Good day every one i want to inform the public how i get cured of HIV/AIDS too by a Doctor called OBUDO . i visited different hospital but they gave me list of expensive drugs to treat the symptoms and never cured me. A closed friend of mine introduce me to a Herbal Doctor who cured her. I was scared to contact him because of what i experienced from fake doctors. she encouraged me and gave me his email. I searched his email on net and i saw a lot of people testifying about his goodness. when i contacted him i asked him series of questions, i also ask him to show me his herbal certificate and license given to him by his Government he gave all the information i needed that gave me hope. He send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me. am now HIV negative. God bless you for being a sincere and great men. Am so excited, you can contact him if you have any problem whats-app +2347035974895.or contact him on email(OBUDO.MIRACLEHERBALHOME@GMAIL.COM)
And he can also cure the following diseases
1) HERPES
2) HPV
4) HEPATITIS
5) ALS
6) BLOOD CANCER

Reply
avatar

Make Your Comment Here EmoticonEmoticon